"What Wedding Songs Should I Choose?"
Bridal couples (OK, mostly the bride!) who are trying to choose their wedding songs often ask me, a soloist and harpist, that question. And my answer is nearly always the same........it depends!
No, I'm not trying to cause confusion, but several factors must be considered before you can choose the best wedding songs for you. Here are a few:
Is the wedding and/or reception to be held indoors or outdoors? Will it be in a church, a hall, a park gazebo, or on a beach?
- Is your wedding style formal or informal?
- Do you prefer traditional wedding music or the more contemporary wedding songs?
- What instruments will be available to perform your music? For example, an organ is unlikely if your wedding is in a gazebo beside a lovely lake featuring graceful swans. Perhaps a harp, a string quartet or an acoustic guitar? Yes! But an organ? Doubtful, unless you play recorded organ music.
- Will anyone be singing?
- Is your wedding tone religious or secular?
Beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed? Don't be! Throughout this website, you'll find plenty of information to help you choose your wedding songs.
However, my dear friend, I'm aware that planning a wedding is quite a job and has to be balanced with work and family & friends. Hectic indeed! So to help you, I've created the:
- This Chart puts precious time back into your hands by helping you choose your wedding music in 1/2 the time the FAST & EASY way. So go ahead...it's FREE...there are no opt-in boxes or gimmicks.
It exists simply to help you!
So grab a pen and notepad and get ready to..............relax! That's right. Take your time, think about and enjoy the process. Remember, this is your wedding--not your final exams!
No need to panic.................... unless, of course, you're like the bride-to-be that contacted me one afternoon and asked if I would please play the harp for her wedding. Nothing unusual about that, so I asked her the date and time of her wedding. Imagine my shock when she joyfully replied, "Tomorrow, at 11:00 AM!"
Pleeeeeease folks, at least plan a little better than that!
By devoting some time and thought to reviewing the information and tips offered throughout, you'll be sure to choose songs that will be perfect for you on one of the most important and glorious days of your life!
On that "note", let's go...
- Wedding Songs Blog
- The Wedding Songs Blog immediately informs you of all additions and changes
to the Wedding Songs Galore Website. Subscribe here.
- Contact Me
- Questions about wedding-songs-galore.com? Use this form to contact me!
- Wedding Ceremony Music----Songs for Before, During and After the Wedding
- Choose your wedding ceremony music the fast, fun, and easy way
- Popular Contemporary Wedding Prelude Music
- Contemporary wedding prelude music suggestions with CD links so you can listen to song clips.
- Top Traditional Wedding Prelude Music
- Lots of traditional wedding prelude music listed. CD links provided so you can listen to song clips.
- Wedding March Music Ideas for your Wedding Processional
- Listen to Wedding March Music song clips, browse ideas and choose your Wedding Processional Music the easy way.
- Unity Candle Songs for Your Wedding
- Review ideas and listen to song clips for unity candle songs
- Wedding Recessional Music
- Browse and listen to song clips of traditional and contemporary wedding recessional music
- Catholic Wedding Music
- View suggestions for Catholic wedding music appropriate for all parts of a Catholic wedding
- Contemporary Christian Wedding Music
- Contemporary Christian wedding music list includes over 30 songs with song clip links included. Save time and frustration in planning your wedding music.
- Traditional Sacred Wedding Songs
- Look here for suggestions of traditional sacred wedding songs along with some song clip links
- Wedding Hymns for Your Wedding Ceremony
- Over 20 wedding hymns listed, many with song clips, to make choosing your wedding hymns quick and easy
- Instrumental Wedding Music
- Suggestions for and sources of instrumental wedding music are listed here. General instrumental CDs with links are listed as well as instrument-specific CDs.
- Bagpipe Wedding Music
- Suggests bagpipe wedding music CD and gives an excellent website link loaded with information about bagpiping for weddings.
- Best Wedding Guitar Music
- Your one-stop resource for the best wedding guitar music including CDs, mp3 downloads and sheet music.
- Wedding Harp Music
- Wonderful wedding harp music for your wedding ceremony or as romantic wedding dinner music.
- Organ Wedding Music
- Discover some organ wedding music CDs and song collections.
- Piano Wedding Music
- Find sources for piano wedding music websites, CDs, and downloads here
- Trumpet Wedding Music
- Ideas and a source link for trumpet wedding music concisely listed on one page for quick, easy planning
- Violin Wedding Music
- Discover CDs featuring violin wedding music with corresponding links plus suggestions for violin wedding songs sheet music
- Popular Wedding Songs
- Lists and provides song clip links for many types of popular wedding songs including country, Christian, contemporary and traditional
- Top Country Wedding Songs
- If you're looking for country wedding songs, here are some of the most popular along with song clip links
- Disney Wedding Songs for Your Wedding
- Popular Disney love songs that easily double as Disney wedding songs are listed as well as a song clip link for each.
- Love Songs for Weddings
- Browse and listen to song clips of love songs for weddings. Songs include traditonal, contemporary, county, Christian...
- First Dance Wedding Song
- Over 80 first dance wedding songs on this list makes it a breeze to choose your first dance wedding song.
- Father Daughter Dance
- Finding father daughter dance songs of many musical styles is snap when you visit this page
- The Mother Son Dance
- Over 30 mother son dance songs listed, both traditional and new along with some CD links.
- The Wedding Waltz
- Choose your wedding waltz from over 30 song suggestions. Includes contemporary and classical waltz music as well as some of the traditional golden-oldies!
- Contemporary Wedding Music
- Get contemporary wedding music ideas in a snap. Includes songs from the 80s, 90s and 2000s organized by the decade of their origin!
- Traditional Wedding Music
- A list of traditional wedding music for all parts of a wedding ceremony including prelude, processional, unity lighting candle songs, recessional wedding songs.
- Traditional Wedding Music -- The Rest Of The Story!
- Traditional wedding music from the 1950s, 60s, and 70s appropriate for all aspects of a wedding.
- Wedding Song List --- Part 1
- Alphabetized wedding song list of all songs on this website that begin with the letters A thru B, along with suggestions of where in the ceremony each song would be especially suitable.
- Wedding Song List --- Part 2
- Alphabetized wedding song list of all songs on this website that begin with the letters C thru H, along with suggestions of where in the ceremony each song could go. Song clip links available.
- Wedding Song List --- Part 3
- Alphabetized wedding song list of all songs on this website that begin with the letters I thru N, along with suggestions of where in the ceremony each song would be especially suitable. Song clip link
- Wedding Song List --- Part 4
- Alphabetized wedding song list of all songs on this website that begin with the letters O thru S, along with suggestions of where in the ceremony each song would be especially suitable. Song clip link
- Wedding Song List --- Part 5
- Alphabetized wedding song list of all songs on this website that begin with the letters T thru Z, along with suggestions of where in the ceremony each song would be especially suitable. Song clip link
- Irish Wedding Song---The Original
- Irish Wedding Song by Betteridge is ideal for Irish and Celtic weddings. A wonderful wedding entrance song.
- Celtic Wedding Music
- Looking for Celtic wedding music? The best sources are compiled for you here.